Sunday 17 October 2010

Riding over the Winter

Been a bit fed up this weekend that with no childcare, I didn't get to go riding this weekend as my ex had to work all weekend.  Just a shame when the weather was so lovely for horse riding to miss out because it is not going to get any better now as winter approaches.

That said I had a lovely weekend with the kids.  We went shopping for Halloween costumes, checked out a new riding stables and went swimming, which was fun.  It seems ages since we have spent a whole weekend together as they normally spend half the weekend with their dad and actually it was really nice to spend some proper time with them now they are both in full time school.

The trekking centre where I ride is closing for the winter soon.  Up in the mountains, I think the winter is harsher than down here in the city, and the ground gets very hard too.  Anyway, that means no more trekking during the winter so I need to decide how I am going to continue my riding over the winter.  I was thinking about starting riding lessons but have been slightly resistant to this as it is so expensive compared to trekking and feels less fun than getting out in the mountains and the forestry.

Anyway,  I have a plan which will hopefully come to fruition soon.  I am too supersticious to talk about things that might happen, in case it jinxes things but keep watching for further updates.

1 comment:

  1. Lessons are fun!! It's very social...perhaps a bit too much! :-) Personally, I have found that lessons have enhanced my experience with horses, so much so that I ended up buying my own horse! :-) Trail riding is social, relaxing and gets you out outside. It's stress-free, so I completely understand your attraction to it. It's unfortunate that you have to stop for 5 months. I am looking forward to hearing about your plan!

    ReplyDelete