Monday 29 November 2010

Not loving the snow

I am not loving the snow at the moment.  I was hoping to go up to the mountains to ride Sam last weekend but decided even if I could get up there it would be too cold and slippery to ride him.  On the bright side, at least I didn't have to drive half an hour to the stables and try and get up what would be a very icy unmade road just to feed him now he is back home.  Given this week's snowfall, it seems he went home at just the right time.  I am hoping this is not going to be the theme of the winter though.

4 comments:

  1. Our winter last year was so icy and miserable that we're hoping this winter won't be a repeat performance. I not only can't ride because of the ice, but I have to lead the horses to force them to walk between pens and stalls so they don't get injured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi its Dave, I do Trevelogs website. So you have Black Sam back at Trevelog, I have Pringle there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed the winter won't be too harsh, I have lots of stuff planned too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed our ride on Sunday Dave.

    ReplyDelete