Friday 24 September 2010

Pony Trekking with Friends

Now my youngest is finally in full time school, I can just about fit a half days trek plus the hour's drive each way in whilst they are at school.  I managed to persuade a couple of the mums to come along with me so I had some friends with me for a change.  If I only went when my friends were available to come, I would hardly ever go but it is nice to have some company.

Anyway, we dropped the kids off in school and set off.  It looked like it was about to start raining and felt pretty cold so wondered what sort of ride we were going to have but luckily by 10.30, the wind had eased a bit and it felt much warmer and the rain held off.  

Sarah on Dun Sunny
We arrived and collected our horses.  I was riding Apollo again and my friend Sarah on Dun Sunny and my friend Helen on Rose.  We went round the Grange which is the normal half day route which is nice because it is a very varied route.  Some country road, some steep climbs up the hill, crossing the river and a nice trek across the mountain top with a few canters before descending back down towards the farm.  Riding down the hill, there were a couple of horses in the next field who seemed very excited to see us and galloped down the field along the fence next to us.  Was hoping our horses weren't about to try galloping with them so reined in tight til we got down the hill.


Helen on Rose
After a cup of tea and some sandwiches, we headed back with an hours to spare before the school run.  Lucky me, another half days trek tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment