Saturday 18 September 2010

Withdrawal Symptoms

Off to Trevelog for a day's pony trekking today and I can't wait.  Due to my ex's other commitments, I have had the kids all weekend for the last two weekends and haven't been on a horse for three weeks now.  I have definitely been having withdrawal symptoms.  Was hoping to go tomorrow as well but unfortunately left it too late to book and no horses available as they are fully booked.  But I am more organised for next weekend and I will be going Friday and Saturday.  One things for sure though, no more camping in the field at the farm this year.  It was absolutely freezing at the end of August.  That will have to wait for next year! Unfortunately, the end of the season is approaching as they close for the Winter at the end of October.  I don't know what I am going to do.  I will probably have to try and find some riding lessons, if I can afford them by then.  I suspect I probably need them.  I have really enjoyed riding this year.  It has kept me sane in a difficult time in my life. I have managed to ride lots of different horses. My control of  the horse has come a long way in six months,  thanks to lots of help and guidance from the trekking guides but I still have a long way to go in terms of learning to horse ride, particularly with my balance and general seat position.  Anyway, time to get my jodhpurs on and head for the mountains.  The weather looks sunny, if a bit chilly.  What more could you ask for the middle of September in Wales.
Taking my two babies trekking for the first time.  My little one's feet don't even reach the stirrups but he had a fantastic time.

1 comment:

  1. It is sad that the warm weather is coming to an end. While I was sitting outside sewing horse blankets yesterday, a flock of geese flew south overhead.

    ReplyDelete