Thursday 24 May 2012

Mock Exam

Had our mock exam on tuesday which was good but I didn't think good enough.  I have had a couple of private lessons in the last week in the run up to my exam so was hoping for an excellent performance in the riding.  However first horse was a bit of a plodder and messed up the first canter transition because I hadn't managed to establish a decent trot quickly enough before the corner.  Sitting trot without stirrups is never my strong point either.

Then we swapped horses and I was lucky enough to get a slightly more forward horse - only problem was he wasn't listening to my half halts in trot and was up the horse in fronts arse rather than one horse length away and then trying to canter 20 metre circle he just got away from me and I forgot about using the outside rein to control speed and was just pulling back on both reins without slowing him down so looked like I was hanging onto the reins cos I had no balance when was actually trying to slow him down either way wasn't completely in control.

Cantering in light seat over poles was better and got my diagonals right and at the end my teacher told me I was  "in with a chance" at passing the riding which is slightly better than two months ago when she said I wasn't at the standard required to pass.

Then during the practical tacking up mock had a bugger of a horse who decided to might be just for standing to close to his head when I wasn't even doing anything at that point.  Hadn't started grooming him or tacking up.  That said think the oral theory should be a breeze.  Theoretical learning I  can do with my eyes shut after all the exams I did in my teens and twenties.

Work has been a nightmare the last couple of months and auditors are stressing me big time at the moment so decided to treat myself to two days of trekking htis weekend at Trevelog.  Should probably be having more lessons this close to the exam but really need to chill out so two all day rides in the mountains will be more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment