Tuesday 29 May 2012

A Weekend of Sunshine

Had a lovely weekend riding in the Brecon Beacons at Trevelog Pony Trekking.  My favourite horse, Penny was finally home from her winter holiday.   She is really cute.  About 15 hands, bay with a white blaze and blue eyes and very fast.  Was dying to see if I still enjoyed riding her as much as I did last year as have ridden lots of different horses since then.

Had a lovely ride on the first day.  I was worried she might be a bit sharp after all that time off but she was going great.  As we had a few beginners with us, I got to hold back and lead the canter which is always good fun on Penny.  She doesn't get too agitated when you hold her back but when you loose the reins she goes like the wind.  I was just saying to one of the others how nicely she was going and how well she was behaving when  we decided to swap the order round so one of the guys who hadn't ridden for a while could try a canter. Unfortunately Penny took exception to his horse being behind her and started playing up.  She spun round a few times and kicked out and was generally very mareish.  She obviously likes the boys and didn't appreciate having one of the girls behind her, getting a bit too close.  Still I stayed on without too much effort which was fine.

Saturday night stayed over at the farm and went down the pub with some of the guys who work at the farm and then Sunday morning we were up early to tack up again for the arrival of the next lot of trekkers.  Had another great ride on Sunday -riding Penny again.

I only need four more rides this season and I fill up my loyalty card and get a free ride.    And another private riding lesson booked for tomorrow as my exam is looming.  Hope I didn't pick up too many bad habits at the weekend as noone nagging me about my seat and position.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had fun! What is your exam for??

    ReplyDelete